If you are looking for a volunteering opportunity or even considering going back to work but not sure where to start, volunteering for our charity can be a fantastic and beneficial way to start. Our volunteers support families with young, often pre-school aged children who are going through a challenging time.
- Are you looking for a volunteering opportunity that makes a difference?
- Would you like to expand your skills and experience supporting vulnerable children and their families?
- Would you like to volunteer locally, knowing that your support benefits families within your own community?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to any or all of these questions then becoming a volunteer for Family Friends may be the answer.
Volunteer induction day coming soon!
If you would like more information about our next Volunteer Induction Day please call Kerry on 0300 800 1005, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the short form below
Ways to Volunteer
- Supporting a family: Families may require an extra pair of hands to get out of the house with all their children and lack the confidence to do it on their own or they may be experiencing Post Natal Depression and would find some adult company comforting and supportive. Even having a cup of tea and chat on a regular basis with some of our families can make a huge difference to their coping strategies and how they get through the day. We would ask you to offer 2 hours a week to spend with a family, plus time travelling to and from their home. Our support is short term so you would not be continually supporting the same family, we would work with you to match you to families which you feel confident with.
- Fundraising and Promoting Family Friends: We welcome people with creative ideas, energy and enthusiasm to work alongside our fundraiser and other members of the team.
- Become a Trustee: Help to guide and support the charity now and in the future.
If you would like more information about volunteering please download the Volunteer Information Pack and role description below. Should you decide you would like to apply to become a volunteer, please complete the application form and return by email to email@example.com.
Ongoing support for Volunteers
We are grateful for our volunteers’ time and commitment and in return we strive to ensure you feel well supported in your role. We provide opportunities to build on your existing skills and knowledge with regular training, volunteer social gatherings and continued support from the volunteer coordinators.
What’s Next? 6 Easy Steps to becoming a volunteer:
The application form is a chance for you to tell us about yourself, what interests you in volunteering and the skills that you have. The form is fairly comprehensive so that you can tell us all your good points and so that we can get a good picture of whether or not volunteering with Family Friends is right for you. To request an application form please call Kerry on 0300 800 1005 or complete the short form above and click ‘Send message’.
Once we have received your completed application form we will contact you to arrange an informal interview at our office. This will be with one of the Volunteer Co-ordinators. You may also have an opportunity to meet other members of the team.
We will take up two references for you, one from your current employer and one from your previous employer. If you have not worked in a long time then we can take references from two other sources who could comment on your personal or professional attributes. This does not include family members.
It is Family Friends policy that every prospective volunteer undergoes a DBS check to confirm that you do not have any criminal convictions that would prevent you from being able to work with children or vulnerable adults.
Every prospective volunteer is expected to attend our induction day, this covers all the practical information and skills that you need to help you feel prepared for starting to support a family. You will also get to meet other new volunteers.
Once all checks have been completed you will be sent our volunteer agreement to sign and then you are good to go!