On this page we’ve given you some ideas of simple ways to fundraise for us. If you’d like to give it a go, then please contact us!
- Recycle mobiles, printers, and other goods. Many recycling companies pay for these items.
- Take part in sponsored activities such as runs, walks, and skydives.
- Do sponsored suppers – buy one of the supermarket’s “meal deals”, invite your friends round and pay what you would have spent at a restaurant.
- Support Family Friends’ annual events such as Quizzes and Dinner Dances.
- Alert clubs / associations / societies / local faith groups to our work and become their charity of the year.
- Make your online purchases via Easyfundraising, who donate a % of the sale to Family Friends at no additional cost to yourself.
- Hold a sponsored coffee morning.
- Help us organise fundraising events – we always need additional pairs of hands and people with event organising skills.
If you have children...
- Have a sponsored mufti day.
- Have a sponsored fancy dress day.
- Bake sales e.g., cakes, cookies, cupcakes.
- Variety shows and discos.
If you are an employee...
- Ask your employer about giving to Family Friends through ‘Payroll giving’. The scheme is very simple and has excellent tax benefits. It is also known as ‘Give As You Earn’ or ‘Workplace Giving’. Your donation is taken from your pre-tax salary, meaning that part of your donation comes from money that would have otherwise gone to HMRC. If you are paying 20% income tax and you want to give Family Friends £20 per month, your pay is reduced by just £16 and the other £4 comes from the reduced tax on your pay. If you are a 40% taxpayer, then you would pay £12 and the other £8 would come from the reduced tax on your pay.
- Suggest to your boss that Family Friends becomes your company’s Charity of the Year.
- Donate one hour’s pay.
- Alert us to Company Matching Schemes.
- Alert us if your employer is Community minded / has a Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
- Promote our fundraising activities to your work colleagues.
- Dontate to us on a monthly / annual basis through a standing order.
- Leave us a gift in your Will. Make clear it is for ‘Family Friends Charity No ‘1141145”.