Support for Local Parents and Families
Who are Family Friends?
Family Friends in Windsor and Maidenhead is a small but mighty charity that provides short term support to families through our incredible network of awesome volunteers. We work in the home and community, and also deliver specialist groups to children struggling with anxiety and those impacted by domestic abuse.
Our help is free, confidential, and open to any family living in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead with a child aged 0 – 13 years and up to 18 years for Armed Service Families.
The support we provide may include:
- Practical help with the children – playing with them and taking them out.
- Support at mealtimes or other busy periods.
- Practical help e.g. helping to fill in forms.
- Supporting a parent to improve organisation in the home.
- Emotional support – spending time with the family, befriending them, providing a listening ear.
- Helping parents to access other support services such as counselling and child-focused community resources.
Refer a Family
Life can get tough at times, especially as a parent. Whether you have financial issues, health concerns or generally feel alone and isolated, Family Friends are here to help you.
We depend on donations to keep our services running. Your money will be used to directly help a child or parent to receive the right support for them, delivered in a timely, family-centered way.
It is easy to get in touch with Family Friends. You can call us on 0300 800 1005 or email [email protected]. Family Friends are open 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. We are closed between Christmas and New Year.
If you are looking for a volunteering opportunity or considering going back to work but not sure where to start, volunteering for our charity can be a fantastic and beneficial way to start…
Meet the Team
Family Friends is staffed by a team who are all passionate about helping families going through difficult times.
Explore our latest news posts to learn more about Family Friends and our wonderful staff and volunteers.